Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tarzan

I told you all that I would be posting about the next play and it was Disney's Tarzan at Tuacahn. This was the coolest thing I've ever seen. They started out by flooding the stage. Then they had the gorillas flying through the trees on ropes and pulleys. They even did it over the audience. It was awesome. The costumes were way cool too. They way they did the makeup with the costumes and the way the actors acted, it was easy to imagine them as gorillas. I especially liked Kerchak's costume. When they first introduced Jane they had a whole bunch of bug like costumes and they turned on a black light that made parts of the costumes glow as well as part of my shirt. Then the music was awesome. It was a musical and since the movie doesn't have tons of music they had a lot more in the play. The guy who played Terk was very energetic. He was lot of fun to watch. The boy who played the young Tarzan was also fun to watch. He also had a really great voice. I was really glad we got to go to this play. It was awesome. They did such a good job with this that Disney is letting them do The Little Mermaid next year.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

That sounds really cool. I heard they were doing Tarzan down there and wondered how they would pull it off. We're going to the HCT Pirates of Penzance tonight; I'm excited! :)

Unknown said...

LUCKY! You have no idea how jealous I am of you!