Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Birthday/Christmas

I hadn't really thought about how close Gwen's birthday is to Christmas before. She was always too young that we didn't really have a celebration for her. But this year she is going to get some fun things both for her birthday and Christmas. I feel like they are practically the same thing. I know she is still little enough not to notice but I sure will. She will barely have time to play with her new toys when she's bombarded with more toys. I really should come up with a different solution for it like celebrating her birthday in the middle of summer instead. In which case do I start doing that in six months from now. Pretty crazy. But I guess that's what happens with Christmas babies.

3 comments:

Mellissa said...

Just don't wrap her birthday presents in Christmas wrapping paper. I hated that when I was a kid...and I still hate it! Ben and I understand all about being Christmas babies. He doesn't care too much, but I wish my birthday were at a different time of year. Oh, well. :)

Marilyn said...

Yeah, I've thought about that with Ky too. Poor kid.

Sam Nielson said...

Give her presents for her birthday, but then confiscate them when she isn't looking. Say robber/monster. Allow her to go through appropriate grieving period. Re-wrap same presents and give again at Christmas.

Child happy again, problem solved.