Monday, December 7, 2009

Forwards

Recently I received a forward that I've gotten a couple times before. It about getting free money from Bill Gates. Sounds exciting huh? Well to me it sounds a little creepy. All you have to do is forward the message on and then in a couple of weeks they send you some money. First of all it sounds too good to be true and second how do they manage to get my mailing address just from forwarding an email. I hope nobody can actually do that because otherwise who knows how many people could stalk you.
Needless to say all three times I have deleted this message. The first couple of times my anxiety was up and I was hoping that is was really a scam and I didn't just miss my chance at free money. But this time it was really easy to say goodbye to it. Does anyone else find these types of email annoying? Or am I just being touchy.

3 comments:

Katy Froyd said...

No their totally creepy. My anxiety goes up too. Especially when I get one that says that someone left me money in their will. Aaahhh!

Sam Nielson said...

Ol Bill's been sending me money for years! Or was he taking it? I have a hard time telling the difference.

If you are ever wondering about something like this, go to www.snopes.com and look it up. They research their subjects well and will set your mind at ease pretty quickly. Use that site any time you hear a crazy rumor, or browse through their archives of debunked/confirmed urban legends if you're bored (there's some pretty entertaining stuff).

jane said...

Thanks Sam, I will keep that in mind.