Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birthdays

For all you who don't know tomorrow is my birthday. I used to really look forward to my birthday. While growing up my mom would make us our favorite dinner and bake us a cake served with icecream, and then of course it was great to get presents. Then there were the birthdays were you turned an age where you got more privileges like going into young women, dating and driving, being old enough to be considered an adult, and being able to go on a mission. 
Now to have it the same way, I would have to cook my favorite meal and the clean up that goes along with it. If I made myself a cake, let's see there is Abe, Gwen and me to eat it. Talk about being sugared out. As for presents I still enjoy those but each year is different. Some years finances aren't good so you feel guilty even receiving a present. And now that I'm past all the ages where something happens, I am just getting older and older. I remember as a kid thinking how old everyone was. My eighteen year old sisters were just right but after that you were just old and decrepit. I don't have the same view as I did then luckily otherwise I would feel like I was knocking on deaths door. But I do feel like the sands of time will not be stopped and every year I get older my body is now going to start falling apart. I've already noticed some things already that don't work the same as they use to. For example, I use to be able to eat anything with no side effects unless I ate too much. Now I get indigestion with some foods, and other sorts of symptoms which I won't mention because of embarrassment. But I'm sure some of you can guess. 
Well I have to stop this rambling now because Gwen needs me and I'm sorry that this one doesn't have a point. I'm sure if given more time I would have come up with something. So it's up to you to give it a point. Try to end it on a happy note though because sad endings make me cry. 

5 comments:

tash8 said...

I agree that Birthdays are not what they use to be. I do want to wish you a happy birthday and hope that you have a great day.

Mom Hunt said...

I really agree that you described birthdays well. You have a long way to go to reach mine. Happy Birthday again hope you do something fun.

Mellissa said...

If it makes you feel any better, I feel the same way - each birthday just gets me closer to not being young anymore. The year I turned 30 was exceptionally hard. I think adults should have big birthday parties, just like kids do, so it makes getting older more fun!

Lea said...

Happy Birthday Jane! I hope you have a good one even though it is true that it changes as you get older.

Julie Hunt said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!