Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Gwen's Cooking

It has been fun to let Gwen help me cook. The other day we made some more cookies. She helped me put the ingredients in the bowl spilling half of the contents onto the counter. Then when I let her crack the egg she was a little too enthusiastic and cracked it all over the counter, floor and my hand. 
Then a few days later I let her help me with dinner. This time she brought her favorite toy with her. It's a very cute panda bear that she likes to call "Cow".  The first thing she does is plop him down onto the stove then she reaches over and tries to turn on the burner. After that plan was thwarted by my husband she takes panda and puts him in my kitchen aid mixer. And she turns it on. Luckily it was unplugged. Gwen then takes a dash of flour and a smidgeon of salt and puts it on the bear. Mix some more with the unplugged mixer and it was almost ready. She then gives the panda a kiss and she has just completed the recipe A La Panda. It was a lot of fun to watch. I love how she had to give him a kiss just so he knew there were no hard feelings. 
This concludes cooking time with Gwen please tune in next time for more recipes of cooking exotic meats and in some case endangered species.

5 comments:

Lea said...

Ha Ha that was a fun blog thanks for posting!

Marilyn said...

Wow, that is one of the funniest descriptions of kids' cooking I've ever read. :) Poor little panda, but at least he's well-loved. Abe used to walk around biting his bear on the nose all day long, and it got so soggy and gross, but I never had the heart to stop him because it was so cute.

I can't wait to see Gwen and you guys on the 30th (maybe I should let her help me make dinner) :)

Marilyn said...

I mean my Abe, not your Abe, (although maybe he bit his bear when he was little too, for all I know).

Mellissa said...

I'd love to try Gwen's recipe A la Panda! Or Panda en flambe!

Mom Hunt said...

That was great. Riley help me make Apple Pan Doudy the other day yours was much more eventful. I could picture her doing it.