Monday, August 16, 2010

5th Anniversary

I just had the best anniversary ever. I was spoiled so much by my wonderful husband. So to tell all about it, Thursday night we drove to our hotel and then went to a late night movie at an IMAX. First time I ever watch one of those and boy was that screen big. We saw Inception, I liked it, but it was one of those movies that kind of leave you hanging. I love going to movies. There is just something fun about watching a movie.
On Friday, we went to lunch at a Greek bbq place. It was pretty tasty. We went bowling and that was great. I hadn't bowled forever. I won all three games. But I got progressively worse so did Abe. Then we walked around a mall and I got to drool over some chocolates as well as get a free sample to eat. We went and got some yogurt. Then we ended up at two different D.I.'s where I got to spend some money on books. I love getting books. That's why D.I. is so great. Then at night we went to a Jack Johnson concert. For those who aren't familiar with him he is the one who wrote the music to the movie Curious George. We had a little traffic trouble on the way there so to avoid it on the way back we left a little earlier. Abe was really sweet and got us hotel rooms that had a big jetted tubs. So any down time I had fun taking a bath.
Saturday, we switched hotels and in the morning Abe bought me an hours massage. It was really nice and relaxing. First time I ever got a professional one. Then I got more spoiled by a play. The Pirates of Penzance, one of my favorite plays. I love the music and they did a good job. It was at a Hale Center Theater so it was a round theater. I thought it would be tough because of the small space but they used it well. They even started the play by raising a ship right out of the floor. The singing gave me chills because it was so good. I really enjoyed watching the daughters this time. Usually they aren't anything special but this time they were fun to watch. After the play we had a late lunch at a Belgium Waffle place. It was like Denny's but tasted better. Then we went back to the hotel and watched a show called Top Shot that was a shooting competition. It was interesting to see the different challenges. They had them shot sling shots, bows, as well as the different type of guns. Then on Sunday we went to church and then came home. It was a good trip. Hope you all are jealous.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I'm definitely jealous. I love pirates of Penzance, and I am hoping to see inception this week. Jack Johnson's awesome, and that's one of the concerts I would have really enjoyed that one. I'm glad that you had such a great time.

Katy Froyd said...

I'm so totally jealous of almost all of it. I don't know about the show, but the play and the baths and food.
I hope you had fun.