Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Education Week

Can I tell you that education week is like a little bit of heaven? I learned so much during the week and had a lot of fun with my aunt, and mom. We would share desserts and go to classes together. I got to spend some time with a couple of my nieces and nephews and that was a blast. They are at such a fun age right now.
I would love to write down everything I learned but that would make for a really long blog that no one would want to read. So I will just pick my favorite class, it was Brad Wilcox's on the Atonement. I never really thought about some of the things he explained. The spirit would be there to let the things that he said really sink it. One of the things that struck me was the difference between the Savior's role and the role of the Redeemer. I always thought of them the same but he said that the Redeeming role was a renewing, refining, perfecting role. Not only are we cleansed from our sins but through the Savior we can be changed as well. This may sound familiar but it really struck me this time. I think he was also the teacher who said how even our best isn't as best as we can be without Him. If that made sense. That when we are filled with the spirit we are better than we would be without it. I could go on and on but I'll leave just those two things. And I'll tell you that if you ever get a chance you should go to education week, because it is life changing. I have a whole bunch of new ideas to try. And I am excited about the future. Anyway that is my enthusiasm for education week and hopefully it wasn't too overbearing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, thanks Jane! I had a blast with you too! It was fun to spend time with you again - it has been ages since we had. LOVED education week.