Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Children Christmas Party

My mom likes to give a party for all the grandkids but she doesn't like to do just superficial things so this year she decided to do 3 short plays about the Nephites and the pioneers. So each child had a role to play in one of the plays and some of them had lines to memorize. Then there were hymns sung in between and a narrator who could help explain things and keep things moving along. We even invited great grandparents and grandparents to come to see it. It turned out pretty well considering there are about 22 children there participating and they are all between the ages of 14 years and a few months old. So you can imagine there was a little bit of mayhem but that was mostly the younger ones. During the performance most of the children knew that they we doing something that required reverence. I was really proud of Gwen. She was really quiet during the whole thing. We just let her wander around. She liked to be in the middle of the performing children and sometimes she would wander in front of the camera. For one of the songs my nieces Hannah and Charlie were singing a duet and Gwen grabbed a hymn book opened it and stood right next to them and leaned in toward them. It was the cutest thing I ever saw. She also danced during most of the songs and toward the end she was sharing her popcorn with anyone she could find. I admit I paid more attention to Gwen than anything else but she was being so cute. 
I feel like it's been a week since I've written. I was having internet problem a couple of times and things have been happening like the party for the kids. Lately I've been playing a game on my DS. It is a Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney game. I've been really enjoying it. I get to go search for clues and talk to people plus then I get to defend my client in court. I get to cross examine the witnesses and such. It's quite fun. I have a harder time in court though because I have a harder time finding contradictions in what people say if it's not too obvious. But I still like it. Well gotta go. I can't keep typing forever. Gwen is tearing apart her room right now and burying me in a pile of clothes.

3 comments:

Mom Hunt said...

I'm sorry I wasn't home to see it. Sounds like it was fun.

Admiral Lily said...

Actually, it's been exactly a week! :D Anyway, sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

you forgot to tell everyone how gwen tried to stick her binky up someones nose. Now THAT was funny!!!!!!