Monday, December 8, 2008

Here today gone tomorrow

Wow, I can't believe I'm hear again writing another post. I either must be really bored or I'm excited about having a blog. I think it's the latter. It's fun having a blog that I can write about stuff on. It's like talking to people but I don't have to worry about whether or not what I say is important or whether the people are listening to me. I can just pretend that everyone wants to hear what I have to say. Today I made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and Gwen got to help. She sits on the counter and I fill the cup up with ingredients and she pours it into the bowl. Sometimes she misses and spills a little, but mostly she does a really good job. I also let her crack the eggs which could be really dangerous but she taps it just hard enough even though it is one of the ends. So I sometimes get a little egg shell in the dough. And for a change today I let Gwen help me put the cookies onto the cookie sheet. She took her job seriously and scooped out dough and plopped it onto the grill that I happen to leave on the stove. So I wipe that off and pull the cookie sheet closer. Then she scoops some more dough onto it. The problem was that her cookies ended up in the same spot and the consisted of miniscule balls (which happen to be the only thing she could flick off the spoon) but we had fun. 
Gwen found her stocking today. Abe and I went shopping and had bought some salt and pepper grinders. Abe thought they would be good stocking stuffers so he put them in the stockings. And just so Gwen wouldn't feel left out he put a few diapers in hers. She didn't mind. She still doesn't know what stockings are for. 
Yesterday I read my sister's book out loud to Abe. It was really good. Yes it does make you cry a little but it's a good cry and by the end of the book you feel the Christmas spirit. So I'm going to make a plug for it. It's called Santa's Secret by Christy Hardman and Phil Porter. You can find it at Deseret Books. This also would make a good Christmas gift for anyone. Merry Christmas everyone.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

It's awesome to have a little cookie-maker to help you, even if it does mean funny-looking cookies. Gwen is such a cutie!! We'll have to have you guys come over and play sometime so I can see her in action. :)

Admiral Lily said...

Ooo! Book plugs! And about Christmas as well, my favorite holiday. Must check it out. Thanks! Sounds like the cooking was fun regardless. Not much of a cook myself. Perhaps I need to work on making it more fun. :D

Mom Hunt said...

I enjoyed your rambles, keep them coming. I told Abe I saw some pictures come up on my computer of Gwen and they made me laugh.