Monday, December 22, 2008

Adult Christmas Party

I really love what my family does for the adult Christmas party. It's called a candlelight dinner and each year it's a little different because we switch who is in charge of it. This year it was sister Kari. She chose to do chinese food this year. So we all pulled out recipes for chinese and had fun making them. The food was very tasty and the dessert was really simple. It was just shaved ice with fruit, nuts and sweet and condensed milk on top. It sounded a little weird but it was very yummy. We also played some fun games which we found in our fortune cookies. My two favorites were the paper bag game and the pig war. The paper bag game consists of two people each with a big paper bag and they have to try and pick it up with their mouth while balancing on one foot. It was fun to watch and then you just cut the bag down until one of the people can't do it anymore. Almost everyone had to at least try it. My biggest problem was that the leg I was using kept getting in the way. This was fun to watch as my family members would tip over or fall flat on their face. It was hilarious. The pig war originated between me and my sister Pam. When the movie Babe came out, the fast food places has little pigs that they put in the kids meal. And my mom was able to purchase a lot of pigs from people giving those little stuffed animal pigs to DI. So at times when things were boring around the house Pam and I would pull all the pigs out and start throwing them at each other. It finally turned into a game where you had to aim for the person but also get rid of all your pigs faster than your opponent. And whoever had the least pigs won. It is quite fun if you don't mind being hit in the face with a pig. 
I just thought of one more game I had to mention because it was also one that was just made up. This one is a race to see who can do it the fastest. And just what were we doing? Placing shapes through their proper hole while blind folded. The toy that you use is one that most kids have. I don't know if it has a name. But I hope that you understand which toy I'm referring to. We got some fierce competition going on with that one. 
Anyway, the candlelight dinner was a success and everyone had a great time. It's funny how sometimes the simplest games are the most fun. 

No comments: